Sunday, April 4, 2010

You want to do what?

I will be the first to admit I have come up with some CRAZY ideas in the past.  Unrealistic ideas and dreams.  Although I think you can't be afraid to dream, or take a leap with your eyes closed.  My whole life has revolved around me searching for my dreams to become reality and me taking giant leaps of faith.  I'm not really afraid of new things and a lot of times I just wish I had the time and energy to spend on some of these things (and money).  I mean really.. my whole marriage and life as I know it resulted on a giant leap of faith, and love.

So, upon my quest for a healthier lifestyle, there are some fun things I would like to do.  Our old neighbors had their own chickens.  We bought our eggs from them when we lived over there and it was what got me hooked on happy chicken eggs.  Well I have met more and more people who raise happy chickens, and learned it isn't too difficult to keep your own.  I will probably wait until we get our own house, but I do think I want some chickens.  Until then.. research research research.

Another thing I think I want to attempt is some container gardening.  There is a beautiful article in Mother Earth News Magazine on container gardening.  My past futile attempts yeilded NO fruits or veggies.  It might have helped to actually water the plants every once in a while. Mental note: Great chore for the kids, water the plants.   Who would have thought!  There is absolutely nothing I like more than ripe tomatoes.  I mean really it is like my most favorite summertime treat.  I am determined to sucessfully grow some tomatoes this year.  I'd love to build a long wooden planter for a row of fresh veggies.  Maybe May isn't too late to get that started.. you know.. when school is over.  I can' accomplish any extra activities until school is out.

So until we are comfortable in our own home, I will support my local farmers and their happy chickens, and try to plan out my container garden.  I want this summer to be fruitful and well, fun!  Happy gardening!

No comments: